Search This Blog
I intend this to be a collections of random thoughts, short writings, witty observations, and journal type notes. Amo Ergo Sum losely translates into "I love therefore I am". Isn't life about love anyway.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I intend this to be a collections of random thoughts, short writings, witty observations, and journal type notes. Amo Ergo Sum losely translates into "I love therefore I am". Isn't life about love anyway.
Comments
Ingredients
• Beef: 2 to 2.5 lbs beef chuck, cut into large cubes
• Produce: 1 diced onion, 2 to 6 sliced/minced garlic cloves, 1 diced red bell pepper, and 1 jalapeño (seeds and ribs removed)
• Dried Chiles: 2 dried ancho chilies soaked in 2 cups hot water (stems discarded)
• Spices & Seasonings: Smoked paprika, ground cumin, coriander, dark cocoa powder, and kosher salt
• Wet Ingredients/Chipotle: 2 chipotles in adobo plus 2 tablespoons of their sauce
• Liquid: 2 bottles or cans of your favorite beer
• Oil: Olive oil for browning
Instructions
1. Brown the Meat: Season the beef chuck cubes with salt. Heat a pot with a little olive oil over medium-high heat. Deeply brown the beef on all sides, which takes about 6 to 10 minutes. Remove the meat and set aside.
2. Sauté Aromatics: In the remaining fat and oil, add the onions, garlic, red pepper, and jalapeño with a pinch of salt. Cook until they begin to soften (about 2 minutes).
3. Toast Spices: Stir in the smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, and cocoa powder. Toast them in the oil briefly to release their flavors.
4. Deglaze: Pour in the beer, scraping up all the caramelized brown bits from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
5. Add Puree & Meat: Blend the rehydrated ancho chilies with their soaking water, chipotles in adobo, and adobo sauce until smooth. Stir this puree into the pot along with the browned beef.
6. Simmer: Cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for 2 to 2.5 hours until the beef is fork-tender and the sauce is rich.