Grilled shrimp, orange, watermelon salad
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon MORTON Salt
- 2 cups fully cooked, frozen, shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed*
- 16 unpeeled, jumbo fresh shrimp
- 4 metal or wooden skewers
- 5 SUNKIST Oranges, divided
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- PAM No-stick Cooking Spray
- MORTON Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 6 cups loosely packed torn red leaf lettuce (about 6 ounces)
- 2 (4-ounce) bags watercress, stems removed
- 2 pounds red seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups cubes)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Toss together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; spread peanut mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once. Cool.
Cook edamame in boiling water to cover 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking process; drain and set aside.
Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer. Set aside.
Peel 4 oranges, and cut each into 6 (1/2-inch-thick) slices; set slices aside.
Grate remaining orange to equal 1/2 teaspoon grated rind in a small bowl; squeeze juice from orange into bowl. Add hoisin sauce and next 3 ingredients to bowl, and stir until blended. Remove 2 tablespoons citrus dressing and brush evenly on shrimp. Reserve remaining dressing.
Coat cold cooking grate with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Place shrimp skewers on grate, and grill 2 minutes on each side or just until done. Salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange lettuce and watercress on 4 serving plates, and top evenly with edamame, orange slices, watermelon, and green onions. Top each salad with 4 shrimp. Sprinkle evenly with cilantro, basil, and peanut mixture; drizzle with reserved citrus dressing.
*2 cups uncooked fresh green shelled soybeans may be substituted for frozen. Boil soybeans in lightly salted water to cover 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Proceed with recipe as directed.